New Democratic Revolution in India is taking place in the era of imperialism and proletarian revolution, when imperialism headed by US imperialism is striving for world hegemony. The New Democratic Revolution in India led by the Communist Party, as the vanguard of the proletariat, is an integral part of the world Proletarian Socialist Revolution. The historical task of the Communist party is to give leadership to the Indian proletariat in this momentous struggle by mobilizing all revolutionary classes, sections and masses of people for it. The CPI (ML) upholds Marxism-Leninism-Mao Tse Tung Thought, fighting against revisionism, sectarian positions and left adventurism. The CPI (ML) is committed to the task of uniting the genuine Communists in our country and paving the way for the building of the Communist Party which is capable of leading the New Democratic Revolution in the country of more than 100 Crores of people. The CPI (ML) dedicates itself to the great revolutionary cause of building the Communist Party to lead the masses of Indian people in protracted revolutionary struggle to overthrow the present system and complete the tasks of the New Democratic Revolution leading towards Socialism and Communism.
Here are the Common Points on the evolution of Party History for 1967-72:
1. After Telangana, the Naxalbari uprising and Srikakulam movement provided an excellent opportunity to break free from the chains of revisionism and neo-revisionism which dominated the communist movement at that time and to take steps to build a genuine party of the proletariat guided by Marxism-Leninism-Mao’s thought.
2. The formation of AICCCR was a correct step in the direction of bringing the CR forces inside the Communist Movement on a common platform.
3. Soon after the formation of AICCCR, the left sectarian trend gained ground which scuttled the phenomenal growth and expansion the AICCCR as a platform of CRs coming from different parts of the country.
4. As the left sectarian line gained ground, the democratic process was scuttled and important sections of the CRs like APCCCR led by Com.TN,DV,CP and others and sections in west Bengal under the leadership of Comrades Promode Sengupta, Parimal Dasgupta, Asit Sen, Syamal Nandi and others who opposed the left sectarian line, were forced out of it.
5. Manifestations of the left sectarian and anarchist line were as follows:
a) Adopting the line of individual annihilation against mass line and people’s revolutionary struggle.
b) Adopting guerrilla warfare as the only form of struggle and rejecting all class/mass organizations, other forms of struggle and squads as the only form of Organization.
c) Adopting the concept “who ever do not dip their hands in the blood of a class enemy is not a communist.”
d) Adopting the slogan that “China’s Chairman is our Chairman.”
e) Rejecting the Leninist concept of the era being that of “imperialism and proletarian Revolution” and replacing with that of a new era of “the total collapse of imperialism and world -wide victory of socialism.”
f) Adopting the concept of rural based party instead of party of the proletariat.
g) Adopting the concept that “more you study, more foolish you become.”
h) Pursuit of the erroneous concept of “individual authority” of Com.CM.
i) Adopting the concept of boycott of election as strategic.
These concepts are alien to Marxism-Leninism-Mao’s thought.
6. There was a situation favorable for the formation of a genuine Communist Party based on Marxism-Leninism-Mao’s thought uniting all the CR forces active in the country at that time and for leading the people’s struggles surging forward in different parts of the country.
7. The CPI (ML) was formed in 1969 in haste, with a sectarian approach and method due to which valuable and influential sections of the CRs, especially of AP and WB were left out. Due to this the efforts of forming a Party of Proletariat failed to accomplish its objective.
8. The CPI (ML) characterized the stage of revolution as NDR with agrarian revolution as its axis. This generated great enthusiasm among the struggling people throughout the country. But very soon, the enthusiasm generated by the formation of the party started waning due to the erroneous line adopted by the CPI (ML). As a result of this, the anti-imperialist and anti-feudal struggles could not be advanced in the correct direction.
9. The opposition to the wrong political line grew from within the CPI (ML) and by the end of 1971 majority members of the CC, CPI (ML), outside and inside the jails, stood against the dominant left sectarian line in it.
10. The CR forces which were not a part of the CPI (ML) got organized into different organizations and were opposing the left sectarian line in different parts of the country. They characterized the stage of revolution as NDR with agrarian revolution as its axis and adopted the protracted people’s war as the path of revolution and the revolutionary mass line in theory and practice.
11. As the leadership under Com.CM did not rectify its left sectarian mistakes, the CPI (ML) split into several groups.
12. The left sectarian line of Lin Biao which came to dominate the CPC for a short while also encouraged the left trend prevailing in the communist revolutionary movement. But when the CPC representatives pointed out the left sectarian trend of CPI (ML) to the CPI (ML) delegation which visited china after its 1970 congress, the leadership of the CPI (ML) led by com. CM did not take steps for rectification based on these suggestions.
The Communist Movement in our country in different phases consisted of CPI, CPI (M), CPI (ML) along with APCCCR and other Communist Revolutionary groups. Ideological and political struggles against revisionism, right reformism, right deviation, left sectarianism and terrorism were carried out inside and outside the aforesaid Organizations in some way or the other. Our Organization – CPI (ML) is part of the process of unification of Communist Revolutionaries comprising of forces coming from CPI (ML), the forces that were never part of CPI (ML), the forces that were a part of CPI (ML) but came out it and formed separate Organization and forces who were new. It is neither a continuation nor a reorganization of any of the aforesaid Organizations.
We commit to stand by our promise to continue struggle against both the left and right deviations as these are the twin dangers to Marxism-Leninism.************************************************************************